Betty Charlton Scholarship Fund
This fund was established by the Shawnee Chamber of Commerce in memory of Betty Charlton, who was a strong supporter of education, to provide scholarships for education to high school seniors who either reside in the City of Shawnee or attend a school in the City of Shawnee, who have demonstrated involvement in community leadership and received special honors, and who meet the criteria outlined below.
In order to be eligible for the scholarship, you must meet the following:
- The student shall be a graduating senior intending to continue his or her education through a two or four year college and/or technical school. Consideration will be given to the student’s work, school activity and community service records.
- Student must continue to attend classes and keep a 3.0 grade point average (or equivalent).
- Submit a scholarship application on a form provided by the Foundation.
- A certified transcript MUST accompany application in order to be considered for scholarship.
- A personal interview will be conducted with finalist for the scholarship.
Scholarships will be awarded on an annual basis and disbursed jointly to the student and the school. The student is responsible for notifying the Chamber office in advance in order to request a check.
Amount: $1,500 total, to be paid in one installment.
Deadline: Wednesday, March 24, 2021 at 5 p.m.