What is a Donor-Advised Fund?
An account to maximize and organize your charitable giving.
Most of us have separate accounts for money we want to use for specific purposes. We have checking accounts, money market accounts, 401(k) retirement accounts and 529 college savings accounts, so it is natural that we would have a separate charitable giving account as well.
At the Greater Kansas City Community Foundation, you can set up a donor-advised fund to help organize and maximize your giving. It is quick and easy to do, and you can customize the fund to meet your needs as an individual, family or business.
Additionally, you can choose to name younger generations as future advisors to the fund, passing along the gift of giving and creating a legacy for your philanthropy.
Why choose a donor-advised fund over a private foundation?
- Less Expensive to Set Up and Run; No Need to Hire Staff
- Maximum Tax Benefits
- Higher AGI Tax Deduction Limitations
- Receive Fair Market Value Deduction for Gifts of Real Estate and Closely Held Stock
- Avoid Annual Excise Tax Payments
- Avoid Excise Taxes on the Sale of Highly Appreciated Gifts
- More Confidentiality; Ability to Grant Anonymously
Ready to Set Up Your Donor-Advised Fund?
We invite everyone to become organized and effective philanthropists through donor-advised funds. Set up your own donor-advised fund today.
Fees start at just $21 per month. Learn more about our administrative fees.
Watch a video tutorial on using our online donor portal, where you can view your fund activity and suggest grants to nonprofits.