Make a Career Out of Helping Donors Create Their Charitable Legacies
Serving our community's philanthropists since 1978.
The Greater Kansas City Community Foundation is a public charity that has supported donors and the community for over 40 years. We help donors create their charitable legacies by making giving easy, providing educational and behind-the-scenes opportunities, connecting donors to the causes they care about and leading on critical community issues. Our expertise in donor-advised funds, scholarships, corporate giving services, and complex asset donations have made us one the most well-respected, trusted and knowledgeable leaders on charitable giving in the nation.
Who We Are
Our employees help donors locally and across the country organize their giving through donor-advised funds and other types of charitable giving vehicles. We serve thousands of accounts with billions in assets. Since our founding in 1978, our donors have granted over $6 billion to thousands of charities across the country.
We value extraordinary service to donors and the joy and good that comes with charitable giving. Our employees must genuinely care about our donors’ experiences, be self-motivated and act collaboratively in a manner consistent with the mission and values of the Greater Kansas City Community Foundation.
Our team is comprised of industry experts that are agile, dedicated, and efficient. We strive to promote a flexible and welcoming environment with a meaningful balance between our personal and professional lives. We strive to be flexible with competitive benefits and a welcoming environment. We believe in building employment relationships with people of all different backgrounds and experiences and are committed to promoting equity and inclusion.
Perks of the Job
- A comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, as well as HSA, FSA and Dependent Care FSA options.
- 401(k) with pre-tax and Roth options PLUS a 10% 401(k) employer contribution (not a match!)
- A personal donor-advised fund with annual contributions of up to $1,000.
- Free downtown parking close to the office.
- Generous paid time off – new employees accrue over three weeks of PTO and receive 10 company holidays, three personal holidays, and one day off to volunteer each year.
- Paid parental leave (three weeks) for parents to bond with a new biological or adoptive child.
- Wellness initiatives include discounted YMCA memberships, discounted hybrid fitness classes, and an enhanced employee assistance program that offers free counseling sessions.
- Each position is individually analyzed to determine on-site and remote capabilities. All employees are equipped with the appropriate technology to work on-site, remotely or both.
- Commitment to ongoing personal and professional learning and development opportunities.
Make it Happen
The Greater Kansas City Community Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. Requests for reasonable accommodations with the recruiting process can be initiated by sending a request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we will not consider unsolicited or emailed resumes.
We prioritize the safety and well-being of our employees and require all candidates to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status. Vaccination is not currently a requirement of employment, but those who are vaccinated will be asked to provide proof of vaccination.