From establishing a foundation to maintaining day-to-day giving activities, the Community Foundation's products and services offer everything you need to make your charitable dollars work smarter and harder. The Community Foundation's best-of-class, behind-the-scenes services are designed to allow your company to remain focused on its core operations and increase the recognition your company deserves for its charitable giving activities and programs.
The Community Foundation offers a wide variety of giving solutions that support and organize corporate giving. Establishing your own corporate foundation is an easy solution for implementing a wide range of corporate giving options that make a difference in the community, rally your employees, foster a loyal customer base and help you reach your corporate goals.
Establishing a corporate foundation allows you to maximize the tax and budget aspects of your company's giving.
- A corporate foundation can help ensure your charitable investments provide the greatest emotional, civic and financial benefit possible.
- A corporate foundation also increases the visibility of your company's charitable strategies in the community.
- Organizing your giving through a foundation means you no longer have to worry about the paperwork, leaving more time to focus on what's really important.
- The Community Foundation encourages your company to use its own financial advisor to manage its charitable dollars, or you may select from one or more of the Foundation's investment pools.
Custom Giving Cards
Giving Cards are similar to retail gift cards but are redeemed to benefit any 501(c)(3) public charity. Your company can purchase custom Giving Cards displaying your company's logo on the front of the cards and give the Giving Cards to employees, clients or referral sources for any occasion. The Giving Card is a powerful and inexpensive way to associate your corporate brand with social responsibility in the eyes of employees, clients and the public.
- The person receiving the Giving Card goes to www.growyourgiving.org to redeem the card to benefit the charity of his or her choice anywhere in the country.
- The entire Giving Card purchase price is tax deductible.
Employee Matching Gifts
Whether the corporate match is $100 a year or $1,000, and whether the match extends to all employees or just the executive team, the Community Foundation can administer a custom program for your company. By affirming employees' own commitments to the causes they care about, your company demonstrates its commitment to the employees. The Community Foundation works directly with your team to streamline the process, saving you time and money.
- An employee matching gift fund encourages charitable giving and demonstrates appreciation for employees' commitment.
- The Community Foundation handles the details, including processing checks and verifying grant recipient charitable status, so the company and its employees continue to shine.
Disaster Relief Fund
When unfortunate disaster strikes locally or internationally, a disaster relief fund is an immediate way for your company to demonstrate that it cares. The relief fund package comes with full capacity for online donations.
The Community Foundation handles all of the details, from processing the donations to providing a safe and secure platform for online giving, all behind-the-scenes so that you and your employees receive the credit you deserve.
Corporate Scholarship Fund
One simple document is all it takes to establish a way for your company, employees and customers to support worthy students' educational pursuits.
The Community Foundation handles the paperwork necessary to ensure that scholarships and grants are distributed according to tax rules and regulations. If you choose, the Community Foundation can also issue award and denial letters to applicants and even serve as the behind-the-scenes selection committee, making decisions based on your criteria.
Executive Donor-Advised Fund
A donor-advised fund, also known as a charitable giving account, can be opened with a gift of cash, stock, real estate, life insurance or almost any hard-to-value asset. An increasing number of companies are offering donor-advised funds to encourage executive level employees to support the causes they care about.
- Encouraging your executives to establish donor-advised funds and making it easy for them to do so is a strategy and service that helps your company attract and retain top senior management talent.
- An executive can grant from the fund or add to the fund at any time. Grants can be made to any 501(c)(3) organization, including churches, synagogues or schools.
- As an even greater incentive for executives, some companies elect to pay the administrative fee for a certain period of time.
Corporate Giving Inventory
Aligning your business mission and philanthropic activity starts with a corporate giving inventory.
- In just a few short interviews, our team can gather all of the information it needs to prepare a comprehensive inventory that addresses all areas of your company's corporate giving and community activities: giving practices; internal structures and processes for grantmaking; guidelines for making decisions; roles of clients, staff and management in making decisions; methods of measurement; types of giving, including grants, sponsorships, events and scholarships; volunteerism, including executive board service and employee volunteer hours; in-kind contributions; employee giving and matching gifts; corporate giving campaigns; historical giving; systems for tracking donations; and amounts of giving based on employee and customer requests versus corporate mission.
- The inventory service includes a brief survey of your employees to ensure the company achieves its vision for community impact.
- The inventory service embraces a business bottom-line measurement system and a simple method for evaluating annual giving.
- Getting organized creates opportunities for a company to save money and re-energize its commitment to social responsibility.
Through a grantmaking process customized for your company, the Community Foundation will provide a wide range of services and ensure that your grant dollars are being used for their intended purpose with maximum impact in the community. Our services relieve your company of the administrative burden. Our behind-the-scenes team is available to:
- Field phone calls and correspondence from grant seekers.
- Identify qualified and appropriate applicants.
- Receive and review all grant requests.
- Make site visits to examine program concept or agency capabilities.
- Maintain a database of all grant requests, grant awards and status.
- Determine if a gift will qualify as a charitable contribution.
- Assist grantees in developing and refining grant requests.
- Prepare written grant recommendations.
- Prepare and send award letters (including formal terms and conditions agreement, payment schedule, and reporting procedures) and, if the company so chooses, notify those whose proposals are denied.
- Process and verify grant payments.
- Oversee grantee accountability.
- Process incoming gifts and pay grantees.
- Create an online donation page with credit card donation capabilities.
- Offer management of the competitive grant process.
- Provide account access 24-hours a day, seven days a week.
Giving Strategy Development
Based on what is important to you, the Community Foundation team highlights community issues and helps you formulate strategies to respond to these needs.
Corporate Giving Campaign
The Community Foundation offers a comprehensive array of systems and processes to support your giving campaign.