Zonta Club of Johnson County, Kansas Scholarship Fund
This scholarship opportunity encourages more young women to seek post-secondary education with plans to participate in public and political life by recognizing a commitment to the volunteer sector, evidence of volunteer leadership achievements, international awareness and a dedication to the advancement of the status of women.
Students eligible for assistance must:
- Be a resident of Johnson County, Kansas, or a surrounding county, including Wyandotte, Leavenworth, Douglas, Miami, and Franklin, at the time of application.
- Be a graduating senior and on track to graduate during the academic year in which application is made.
- Plan to attend an accredited college or university in the United States.
- Demonstrate a 3.0 or greater cumulative GPA.
- Plan to enroll on a full-time basis, beginning within one year of the date the scholarship is awarded.
- Demonstrate experience in local or student government.
- Be knowledgeable of Zonta International and its programs.
- Demonstrate evidence of advocating on behalf of Zonta International’s mission to advance the status of women worldwide.
- Provide two confidential letters of reference from adults who are not related to the applicant.
- Submit a complete application with verification of current enrollment by the school district via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Amount: Up to $1,000 non-renewable award; may be used to cover tuition, fees, or other school expenses.
Questions? Contact: email@example.com