Gold Star Memorial Scholarship Fund
The Association of High School Women began raising funds in 1920 to provide financial support for high school students in the Kansas City, Missouri school district to encourage them to obtain their high school diploma.
This scholarship opportunity provides deserving students in the Kansas City, Missouri Public School District in grades 10 through 12 with financial assistance to encourage them to stay in school. This scholarship is not intended to provide assistance with college tuition or expenses.
Students are awarded a set amount per month for November through May. Checks are made payable to the student and sent to their school counselor.
Previous recipients of Gold Star scholarships must apply on an annual basis to remain eligible. Renewal applications will have first priority.
1. Attend a public school in a geographic area served by the Kansas City, Missouri School District and be enrolled in grade 10, 11 or 12.
2. Maintain a “C” average with no failing grade within the last grade period preceding the application.
3. Attending school regularly without excessive absences and be punctual.
4. Motivation to finish high school and maintain good citizenship status with school and community.
5. Demonstrate financial need.
We are no longer accepting applications for the 2019-2020 school year.