The Mary Elizabeth Martin Scholarship Trust was established in 1961, and is considered a Private Foundation under section 509 (a) of the Internal Revenue Code. The trustee is required to annually distribute the net investment income to tax exempt organizations to be used for charitable or educational purposes, which may include providing one or more scholarships to assist worthy students to obtain a college or university education in the United States. The trust is administered by US Bank and the Greater Kansas City Community Foundation administers this grant competition. An advisory committee chosen by US Bank makes all grant decisions. Grants are awarded annually in August and typically range from $500-$3,000.
Deadline: Monday, May 2, 2016 at 5 p.m. CST
Grant Restrictions and Requirements:
Grants are made only to organizations that are exempt from Federal income tax under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
- Application Available: Tuesday, March 1, 2016
- Deadline: Monday, May 2, 2016 at 5 p.m. CST
- Determination / Notification: August
Procedures for Grant Seekers:
Review your organization's Nonprofit Profile to ensure that all information is current. For questions about updating your profile or having REVIEWED status, please contact the Donor Relations and Education Team at 816.842.0388 or email@example.com.
All applications forms must be submitted online by 5:00 p.m. CST on the due date through the internet grant application module (iGAM).
Please read the grant guidelines and application instructions in their entirety before you begin an application. If you have technical questions relating to iGAM, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 816.627.3452.
- First-time iGAM users will need to create a user name and password via the “New Applicant?” link on the iGAM homepage. Previous iGAM users may log in using their existing iGAM account credentials.
- Users are encouraged to create a single username and password for their organization to be shared among staff.
- If you have forgotten your password, use the “Forgot Password?” field to recover your password.
- Save the iGAM homepage to your web browser in order to access and resume draft applications as well as to review previously submitted applications.
The grant application for the US Bank Mary Elizabeth Martin Scholarship Trust can be found here: US Bank Mary Elizabeth Martin Scholarship Trust Application