In keeping with the intent of Healthy Communities Wyandotte, the focus will be to fund programs that increase knowledge and action toward long term changes that enable our Wyandotte County community members to eat healthy food and be physically active. Applications should demonstrate cultural relevance, address opportunities to increase knowledge and improve the food environment and/or support active living through utilization of Wyandotte County's environmental infrastructure.
The geographical focus of the Unified Government-Hollywood Casino Grant Fund is limited to Wyandotte County. Specifically, organizations must clearly demostrate that the clients/beneficiaries of the program are residents of Wyandotte County.
Areas of Interest and Eligibility:
For 2014, highest consideration for funding will be given to programs or providers of projects that accomplish the following:
- Leverage additional funding, both private and public
- Demonstrate alignment with the Board of Commissioner Strategic plan(i.e. Social Service and Healthy Community/Recreation Goals and Healthy Communities Wyandotte improvement plan). To view helpful reports click on these three links: Strategic Plan, County Health Ranking and Healthy Communities Wyandotte
- Collaborative efforts among programs or providers
- Demonstrate an effort to minimize duplication
- Have clearly established measurable outcomes and the ability to monitor and report them
- Demonstrate programs that reach at-risk or underserved populations
- Requests for general operating support will only be considered if the funding will be used to significantly expand the services of organization
Grant Restrictions and Requirements:
To be considered as a potential grantee, your organization must:
- Be 501(c)(3) organizations. Units of local government (i.e.Unified Government Department, public schools, KCKCC, etc.) are ineligible
- Departments of the University of Kansas Medical Center are ineligible
- Foundations connected to either local government or the University of Kansas Medical Center are ineligible
- Demostrate use of funding will primarily be in Wyandotte County and clients/beneficiaries served are residents of Wyandotte County
In general, Unified Government-Hollywood Casino will not award grants to the following:
- Capital campaign, endowment campaign or annual fund drive
- Debt retirement or operating deficits
- Direct support to individuals, including scholarships
- Lobbying activities, legislation-related activities or political campaigns
- Activities that specifically benefit the members of an athletic, veteran, fraternal, sectarian or religious group
- Equipment expenses, unless the equipment will directly improve the organization's ability to provide and deliver services
Grants can range up to $50,000 with a 1 year maximum length
Applications are reviewed and recommendations made annually by a grant review committee appointed by the Unified Government Board of Commissioners.
Non-Mandatory Grant Information Session:
Wednesday, February 19, 2014- 9:00-11:00
Kansas City Kansas Main Library, 2nd Floor
625 Minnesota Avenue
(Parking is available in the back of the library)
Wednesday, March 5, 2014- 2:00-4:00
Kansas City Kansas West Branch Library
1737 N. 82nd Street
Wednesday, February 5, 2014
Friday, March 21, 2014
Procedures for Grant Seekers:
Review your organization's Nonprofit Profile to ensure that all information is current. For questions about updating your profile or having REVIEWED status, please contact the Donor Relations and Education Team at 816.842.0388 or email@example.com.
All applications must be submitted online by 5:00 p.m. CST on the due date through the internet grant application module (iGAM).
Please read the grant guidelines and application instructions in their entirety before you begin an application. If you have technical questions relating to iGAM, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 816.627.3429.
- First-time iGAM users will need to create a user name and password via the “New Applicant?” link on the iGAM homepage. Previous iGAM users may log in using their existing iGAM account credentials.
- Users are encouraged to create a single username and password for their organization to be shared among staff.
- If you have forgotten your password, use the “Forgot Password?” field to recover your password.
- Save the iGAM homepage to your web browser in order to access and resume draft applications as well as to review previously submitted applications.
The grant application for the Unified Government - Hollywood Casino Grant Fund can be found here: UG/HC Grant Fund Application