The Association of High School Women began raising funds in 1920 to provide financial support for high school students in the Kansas City, Missouri school district to encourage them to obtain their high school diploma.
The purpose of this fund is to provide deserving students in the Kansas City, Missouri Public School District in grades ten through twelve, financial assistance to encourage them to stay in school. This scholarship is not intended to provide assistance with college tuition or expenses.
Students are awarded a set amount per month November through May. Checks are made payable to the student and sent to the counselor at the school for the student.
Previous recipients of Gold Star scholarships must apply on an annual basis to remain eligible. Renewal applications will have first priority.
1. Must be currently attending public schools in a geographic area served by the Kansas City, Missouri School District. Be enrolled in grades 10-12.
2. In order to be recommended by a counselor, a student should be maintaining a “C” average with no failing grade within the last grade period preceding the application.
3. Be attending school regularly, must not have excessive absences and is punctual.
4. Be motivated to finish high school, be maintaining good citizenship status with school and community.
5. Have a demonstrated or observable financial need.
The deadline for the 2019-2020 year is October 15. Please submit your application prior to this date, or contact the Scholarships Team for assistance.