Create Your Charitable Legacy
Our philanthropic advising services available to you
Just as you have financial, legal and tax advisors, you can also utilize the services of a philanthropic advisor for your charitable endeavors. As a benefit of having a charitable fund at the Greater Kansas City Community Foundation, you have access to our team of philanthropic advisors’ knowledge and expertise.
What to expect when working with our philanthropic advisors
Our team starts each conversation by asking, "What’s important to you?" to listen and understand your areas of interest. From there, we can:
- Help you identify, research and connect with nonprofit organizations.
- Provide you with guidance on grantmaking best practices.
- Facilitate discussions to think through your values, priorities and goals.
- Offer custom charitable legacy plans.
With several decades of combined experience, our team of philanthropic advisors can complement your existing advisory team by helping you explore, consider and document your charitable goals and priorities. We specialize in facilitating family meetings to establish charitable giving roadmaps as well as private, customized educational programming.
Document your philanthropic plans for now and beyond your lifetime
Articulating your charitable goals and priorities during your lifetime will ensure your philanthropic legacy follows your intentions after you're gone. You can use our form to capture your plans, or you can work with us to document a more detailed vision and philosophy for your philanthropy. These documents can complement your existing estate plan, which may include the following:
- Specific organizations you want to support
- Interest areas that you care about, like education, health care or the environment
- Geographic areas where you’d like your giving concentrated
- Absolutes or more stringent guidelines for your giving
- A timeline for your giving, which may be indefinitely or for a set number of years
Read our short case studies that illustrate how we can help you document and accomplish your philanthropic plans now and after your lifetime.
Your partner in charitable giving
Wherever you need us on your philanthropic journey, we’re here to support you along the way. Ready to schedule a consultation with a philanthropic advisor to get started? Contact us at email@example.com or 816.842.0944.