Set Up an Agency Fund and Build a Sustainable Financial Future
The many advantages of an agency fund.
Prospective Agency Fund Holders
An agency fund helps nonprofit organizations build long-term assets and serves as a home for reserve funds. Agencies with agency funds enjoy low-cost investment options and third-party oversight of their assets. Plus, agencies can access our expertise by connecting with our philanthropic advisors.
How an Agency Fund Works:
- Quickly and easily set up an agency fund with one simple document.
- Choose how to invest the fund's assets.
- The Community Foundation receives contributions from the agency to the fund, and the Foundation processes grants from the fund back to the agency.
- Staff and volunteers who oversee the agency's finances can view the fund balance, contributions and grants 24/7 through an online donor portal.
If you would like to speak with a Community Foundation representative to guide you through the process, feel free to contact Philanthropic Advisor Nicole Stuke at firstname.lastname@example.org or 816.627.3404.
Interested in opening an agency fund?
We can help you explore options for your organization.
Resources for Nonprofit Organizations:
- Download our Agency Fund PDF
- Read our donor-advised fund FAQs with helpful information specifically for nonprofit organizations
- View the Community Foundation's competitive grant opportunities
- Visit Nonprofit Search
Current Agency Fund Holders
Update Your Agency Fund
To make changes to an existing agency fund (i.e. Board Chair change, New Fund Name), please download and fill out our Update Your Agency Fund PDF form and return to email@example.com or fax to 816.842.8079.
Contribute to an Agency Fund
Make checks payable to the Greater Kansas City Community Foundation, noting the agency fund's six-digit fund ID on the memo line. If you do not know the fund ID, the name of the agency fund is sufficient. Mail or deliver to:
Greater Kansas City Community Foundation
1055 Broadway Blvd., Suite 130
Kansas City, MO 64105
Wire Transfers of Cash
Please alert the Community Foundation's Investment Team of any wire transfers of cash with a written communication to firstname.lastname@example.org or a phone call to 816.842.7444. Include the agency fund name, the agency fund's six-digit fund ID, and the amount of the gift.
Bank of America
One Kansas City Place
Kansas City, MO 64105
Fed Wire ABA #026009593
ACH ABA #081000032
For credit to: Greater Kansas City Community Foundation
Contribution to: The agency fund’s name and fund ID