The Vision Impact Power Fund was formed in 2016 to provide support to nonprofit organizations that provide programs that improve the quality of life of African-Americans in the Greater Kansas City area. The Vision Impact Fund also seeks to increase charitable giving among African-Americans in our community.
Vision Impact Steering Committee:
- Grants are made only to nonprofit organizations that are exempt from federal income tax under Section 501(c)(3).
- The nonprofit organization must be located in one of the following counties located in the Kansas City metropolitan area: Clay, Jackson or Platte in Missouri, or Johnson or Wyandotte in Kansas.
- The program or project must focus on improving the quality of life for African-Americans who reside within one of the above-listed counties
The following will be excluded from consideration:
- Political parties, candidates or political activities
- Religious organizations for denominational programs
- Special one-time events
- Capital campaigns
Grant Application Timeline:
- The 2019 deadline and application timeline have not been published. Please check back for updates.
If the VIP Fund has any questions regarding a proposal, a board or committee member may contact applicant requesting further information or an appointment for a site visit.
Procedures for Grant Seekers:
It is recommended, but not required, that you review your organization's Nonprofit Profile to ensure that all information is current. For questions about updating your profile or having REVIEWED status, please contact the Donor Relations and Education Team at 816.842.0388 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications must be submitted online by 5:00 p.m. CST on the due date through iGAM.
Please read the grant guidelines and application instructions in their entirety before you begin an application. If you have technical questions relating to iGAM, please contact email@example.com or 816.627.3452.
First-time iGAM users will need to create a user name and password via the “New Applicant?” link on the iGAM homepage. Previous iGAM users may log in using their existing iGAM account credentials.
Users are encouraged to create a single username and password for their organization to be shared among staff.
If you have forgotten your password, use the “Forgot Password?” field to recover your password.
Save the iGAM homepage to your Web browser in order to access and resume draft applications as well as to review previously submitted applications.
The grant application for the Vision Impact Power Fund can be found here: Vision Impact Power Fund
If you are interested in becoming a member of the Vision Impact Power Fund, please click here.