In keeping with the intent of Healthy Communities Wyandotte, the focus will be to fund programs that increase knowledge and action toward long term changes that enable our Wyandotte County community members to eat healthy food and be physically active. Applications should demonstrate cultural relevance, address opportunities to increase knowledge and improve the food environment and/or support active living through utilization of Wyandotte County’s environmental infrastructure.
The geographical focus of the Unified Government-Hollywood Casino/Schlitterbahn Vacation Village Charitable Fund is limited to Wyandotte County. Specifically, organizations must clearly demonstrate that the clients/beneficiaries of the program are residents of Wyandotte County.
For 2018-2019, highest consideration for funding will be given to programs or providers of projects that accomplish the following:
- Leverage additional funding, both private and public.
- Demonstrate alignment with the Board of Commissioners’ Strategic plan (i.e. Social Service and Healthy Community/Recreation goals and Healthy Communities Wyandotte improvement plan).
- Collaborative efforts among programs or providers.
- Demonstrate an effort to minimize duplication.
- Have clearly established measurable outcomes and the ability to monitor and report them.
- Demonstrate programs that reach at-risk or underserved populations.
- Requests for general operating support will only be considered if the funding will be used to significantly expand the services of organizations.
- Applications must be submitted on-line through the Greater Kansas City Community Foundation. Information and the application process can be found at: https://www.growyourgiving.org/grant/unified-government-hollywood-casino-grant-fund.
Grant Requirements and Restrictions:
To be considered as a potential grantee, your organization must:
- Be 501(c)(3) organization.
- Demonstrate use of funding will primarily be in Wyandotte County and clients/beneficiaries served are residents of Wyandotte County.
- There is no restriction on minimum or maximum size of grant.
- There was a total of $602,400 available for grants in 2018.
- The activities funded by the grants must be completed within one year.
In general, Unified Government-Hollywood Casino will not award grants to the following:
- Capital campaign, endowment campaign or annual fund drive.
- Debt retirement or operating deficits.
- Direct support to individuals, including scholarships.
- Lobbying activities, legislation-related activities or political campaigns.
- Activities that specifically benefit the members of a veteran, fraternal, sectarian or religious group.
- Equipment expenses, unless the equipment will directly improve the organization's ability to provide and deliver services.
Grant Information Sessions:
Non-Mandatory Grant Information Session:
- Tuesday, March 6, 2018 at 2:00 p.m. at the Health Department Auditorium
- Application Available on Monday, February 26, 2018
- Grant Information Sessions Tuesday, March 6, 2018 at 2:00 p.m. in the Health Department Auditorium
- Application Deadline Friday, April 6, 2018
- Greater Kansas City Community Foundation Review/Eligibility Recommendations Complete Friday, May 11, 2018
- Commissioner/Mayor Review Monday, May 14, 2018 through Friday, May 25, 2018
- Commissioner/Mayor Designations due Friday, May 25, 2018
- Distribution of Proposed Designations to Commission Friday, June 8, 2018
- Commission Meeting to Vote on Distribution Thursday, June 28, 2018
- Notifications Sent Friday, July 6, 2018
- The Greater Kansas City Community Foundation will review all grant applications for eligibility and will submit the list of eligible applications to the Board of Commissioners. Due diligence may include:
- Site visits to interview key staff, board members and key partners (collaborators and funders).
- Review of full application including budget, sustainability plan, etc.
- The Board of Commissioners will serve as the Selection Committee.
- Each Commissioner and the Mayor will be provided with a listing of all grant applications and, upon request, the actual applications.
- Each Commissioner and the Mayor will designate in writing how they wish to allocate their share of the total funds ($54,763 each).
- The final distribution of funds must be approved by majority vote of the Board of Commissioners at a Commission meeting.
Procedures for Grant Seekers:
Review your organization's Nonprofit Profile to ensure that all information is current. For questions about updating your profile or having REVIEWED status, please contact the Donor Relations and Education Team at 816.842.0388 or email@example.com.
All applications must be submitted online by 5:00 p.m. CST on the due date through the internet grant application module (iGAM).
Please read the grant guidelines and application instructions in their entirety before you begin an application. If you have technical questions relating to iGAM, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 816.627.3452.
- First-time iGAM users will need to create a user name and password via the “New Applicant?” link on the iGAM homepage. Previous iGAM users may log in using their existing iGAM account credentials.
- Users are encouraged to create a single username and password for their organization to be shared among staff.
- If you have forgotten your password, use the “Forgot Password?” field to recover your password.
- Save the iGAM homepage to your web browser in order to access and resume draft applications as well as to review previously submitted applications.
The grant application for the Unified Government - Hollywood Casino Grant Fund can be found here: UG/HC Grant Fund Application