In keeping with the intent of Healthy Communities Wyandotte, the focus will be to fund programs that increase knowledge and action toward long term changes that enable our Wyandotte County community members to eat healthy food and be physically active. Applications should demonstrate cultural relevance, address opportunities to increase knowledge and improve the food environment and/or support active living through utilization of Wyandotte County's environmental infrastructure.
The link for the application can be found at the bottom of this page. However, it is suggested that you read the Fund's guidelines in full.
The geographical focus of the Unified Government-Hollywood Casino Grant Fund is limited to Wyandotte County. Specifically, organizations must clearly demostrate that the clients/beneficiaries of the program are residents of Wyandotte County.
For 2015-2016, highest consideration for funding will be given to programs or providers of projects that accomplish the following:
- Leverage additional funding, both private and public
- Demonstrate alignment with the Board of Commissioner Strategic plan(i.e. Social Service and Healthy Community/Recreation Goals and Healthy Communities Wyandotte improvement plan). To view helpful reports click on these three links: Strategic Plan, County Health Ranking and Healthy Communities Wyandotte
- Collaborative efforts among programs or providers
- Demonstrate an effort to minimize duplication
- Have clearly established measurable outcomes and the ability to monitor and report them
- Demonstrate programs that reach at-risk or underserved populations
- Requests for general operating support will only be considered if the funding will be used to significantly expand the services of organization
Grant Restrictions and Requirements:
To be considered as a potential grantee, your organization must:
- Be 501(c)(3) organizations.
- Demostrate use of funding will primarily be in Wyandotte County and clients/beneficiaries served are residents of Wyandotte County
- There is no restriction on minimum or maximum size of grant.
- There is a total of $494,900 available for grants in 2015.
- The activities funded by the grants must be completed within one year.
In general, Unified Government-Hollywood Casino will not award grants to the following:
- Capital campaign, endowment campaign or annual fund drive
- Debt retirement or operating deficits
- Direct support to individuals, including scholarships
- Lobbying activities, legislation-related activities or political campaigns
- Activities that specifically benefit the members of a veteran, fraternal, sectarian or religious group
- Equipment expenses, unless the equipment will directly improve the organization's ability to provide and deliver services
Grant Information Sessions:
Non-Mandatory Grant Information Session:
February 18, 2015
Health Department Auditorium
619 Ann Avenue
Kansas City, Kansas
March 11, 2015
West Branch Public Library Auditorium
1737 N. 82nd
Kansas City, Kansas
- Application Available: Monday, February 9, 2015
- Application Deadline: Friday, March 27, 2015
- Notifications Sent: Late May, 2015
- The Greater Kansas City Community Foundation will review all grant applications for eligibility and will submit the list of eligible applications to the Board of Commissioners.
- The Board of Commissioners will serve as the Selection Committee
- Each Commissioner and the Mayor will be provided with a listing of all grant applications and, upon request, the actual applications.
- Each Commissioner and the Mayor will designate in writing how they wish to allocate their share of the total funds ($44,990 each).
- The final distribution of funds must be approved by majority vote of the Board of Commissioners at a Commission meeting.
Procedures for Grant Seekers:
Review your organization's Nonprofit Profile to ensure that all information is current. For questions about updating your profile or having REVIEWED status, please contact the Donor Relations and Education Team at 816.842.0388 or email@example.com.
All applications must be submitted online by 5:00 p.m. CST on the due date through the internet grant application module (iGAM).
Please read the grant guidelines and application instructions in their entirety before you begin an application. If you have technical questions relating to iGAM, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 816.627.3452.
- First-time iGAM users will need to create a user name and password via the “New Applicant?” link on the iGAM homepage. Previous iGAM users may log in using their existing iGAM account credentials.
- Users are encouraged to create a single username and password for their organization to be shared among staff.
- If you have forgotten your password, use the “Forgot Password?” field to recover your password.
- Save the iGAM homepage to your web browser in order to access and resume draft applications as well as to review previously submitted applications.
The grant application for the Unified Government - Hollywood Casino Grant Fund can be found here: UG/HC Grant Fund Application