Established in 2016, the Sisters’ Circle's mission is to increase charitable giving within African-American communities, to benefit African-American communities in the Greater Kansas City area. Annually, the Sister’s Circle Fund provides grants to non-profit organizations meeting critical community needs.
The application will be available online Wednesday, March 6, 2019.
The application deadline is Thursday, June 13, 2019.
Grant Range: $5,000 - $20,000
- Grants are made only to nonprofit organizations that are exempt from federal income tax under Section 501(c)(3).
- The nonprofit organization must be located in one of the following counties located in the Kansas City metropolitan area: Clay, Jackson or Platte in Missouri, or Johnson or Wyandotte in Kansas.
- The program or project must focus on improving the quality of life for African-Americans who reside within one of the above-listed counties
The following will be excluded from consideration:
- Political parties, candidates or political activities
- Religious organizations for denominational programs
- Special one-time events
- Capital campaigns
Grant Application Timeline:
- March 6, 2019: Applications available online through the Greater Kansas City Community Foundation Internet Grant Application Module (IGAM).
- June 13, 2019: Application must be completed online and submitted by 5 p m. CST on this date. If you cannot meet the deadline you are invited to apply next year.
- July 2019: Sisters' Circle Grant Application Review Committee will select finalists to submit to membership for final selection. Members vote on application finalists.
- August 2019: Award will be presented to the Grant Recipient. All applicants notified of decision via standard mail.
If the Sisters' Circle has any questions regarding a proposal, a board or committee member may contact applicant requesting further information or an appointment for a site visit.
Procedures for Grant Seekers:
All applications must be submitted online by 5:00 p.m. CST on the due date through iGAM.
Please read the grant guidelines and application instructions in their entirety before you begin an application. If you have technical questions relating to iGAM, please contact email@example.com or 816.627.3452.
First-time iGAM users will need to create a user name and password via the “New Applicant?” link on the iGAM homepage. Previous iGAM users may log in using their existing iGAM account credentials.
Users are encouraged to create a single username and password for their organization to be shared among staff.
If you have forgotten your password, use the “Forgot Password?” field to recover your password.
Save the iGAM homepage to your Web browser in order to access and resume draft applications as well as to review previously submitted applications.
The grant application for the Sisters' Circle of Greater Kansas City can be found here: Sisters' Circle Application
If you are interested in becoming a member of the Sisters' Circle of Greater Kansas City, please click here.