Liberty Giving Circle (LGC) is a group of philanthropic and civic-minded women dedicated to making a significant impact to the well-being of the citizens of the Liberty area. LGC will award a grant to one or more organizations through the annual application process. An organization can receive this grant only once in a five-year period.
Application Deadline: Thursday, October 31, 2019.
Areas of Interest:
Grants will be made only to organizations that have a Liberty mailing address, serve the Liberty community and are exempt from Federal Income tax under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
Only organizations that have not previously received a Liberty Giving Circle grant award may apply in 2019. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire as to whether or not your organization has received a Liberty Giving Circle grant in the past.
Preference will be given to organizations with a primary focus in one of the following areas of interest:
- Arts and Culture
- Community Development
- Education/Youth Services
- Health and Life Science
- Social Services
- The following will be excluded from consideration:
- Individuals, political parties, candidates or political activities.
- Primary and secondary educational institutions.
- Religious organizations or denominational programs.
- Organizations that have previously received a Liberty Giving Circle grant award.
Liberty Giving Circle Founding Members:
Fran Bussey, Debbie Feldhaus, Dianne Ferrell, and Deb Ohlhausen
Grant Application Timeline:
- August 30, 2019: Application available online. Click HERE to access the online application
- October 31, 2019: Applications must be completed online through IGAM and submitted by 5 p.m. on this date
- November 2019: Liberty Giving Circle Grant Committee will select finalists and members will vote online
- November 2019: Funds presented to award recipient
- October 1, 2020: Outcomes report due to the Liberty Giving Circle Grant Committee and general membership
If Liberty Giving Circle has any questions regarding your proposal, a member of the Grant Application Committee may contact you via phone requesting further information or an appointment for a site visit. If you have questions, please call Dianne Ferrell, 816.289.0023 (cell).
The recipient of any grant from Liberty Giving Circle must use the funds awarded for the specific purpose(s) as outlined in the original grant proposal. Liberty Giving Circle requires a report detailing expenditures to date, planned expenditures and interim results of the program.
Click here for a video on the 2017 Liberty Giving Circle grant recipient, Clay County African American Legacy Inc. also known as the Garrison School Cultural Center. The video was developed and produced by students and faculty at Liberty North High School.
Procedures for Grant Seekers:
Review your organization's Nonprofit Profile to ensure that all information is current. For questions about updating your profile or having REVIEWED status, please contact the Donor Relations and Education Team at 816.842.0388 or email@example.com.
All applications must be submitted online by 5:00 p.m. CST on the due date through the internet grant application module (iGAM).
Please read the grant guidelines and application instructions in their entirety before you begin an application. If you have technical questions relating to iGAM, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 816.627.3452.
- First-time iGAM users will need to create a user name and password via the “New Applicant?” link on the iGAM homepage. Previous iGAM users may log in using their existing iGAM account credentials.
- Users are encouraged to create a single username and password for their organization to be shared among staff.
- If you have forgotten your password, use the “Forgot Password?” field to recover your password.
- Save the iGAM homepage to your web browser in order to access and resume draft applications as well as to review previously submitted applications.