Liberty Giving Circle (LGC) is a group of philanthropic and civic-minded women dedicated to making a significant impact to the well-being of the citizens of the Liberty area. LGC will award a grant to one or more organizations through the annual application process.
Application Deadline: Thursday, October 31, 2019.
Areas of Interest:
Grants will be made only to organizations that have a Liberty mailing address, serve the Liberty community and are exempt from Federal Income tax under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
Preference will be given to organizations with a primary focus in one of the following areas of interest:
- Arts and Culture
- Community Development
- Education/Youth Services
- Health and Life Science
- Social Services
- The following will be excluded from consideration:
- Individuals, political parties, candidates or political activities.
- Primary and secondary educational institutions.
- Religious organizations or denominational programs.
Liberty Giving Circle Founding Members:
Fran Bussey, Debbie Feldhaus, Dianne Ferrell, and Deb Ohlhausen
Grant Application Timeline:
- August 30, 2019: Application available online. Click HERE to access the online application
- October 31, 2019: Applications must be completed online and submitted by 5 p.m. on this date
- November 2019: Liberty Giving Circle Grant Committee will select finalists and members will vote online
- November 2019: Funds presented to award recipient
- October 1, 2020: Outcomes report due to the Liberty Giving Circle Grant Committee and general membership
If Liberty Giving Circle has any questions regarding your proposal, a member of the Grant Application Committee may contact you via phone requesting further information or an appointment for a site visit. If you have questions, please call Dianne Ferrell, 816.289.0023 (cell).
The recipient of any grant from Liberty Giving Circle must use the funds awarded for the specific purpose(s) as outlined in the original grant proposal. Liberty Giving Circle requires a report detailing expenditures to date, planned expenditures and interim results of the program.
Click here for a video on the 2017 Liberty Giving Circle grant recipient, Clay County African American Legacy Inc. also known as the Garrison School Cultural Center. The video was developed and produced by students and faculty at Liberty North High School.
Procedures for Grant Seekers:
All applications must be submitted online by 5:00 p.m. CST on the due date.
In order to better serve funders and grantees, we are transitioning to new application software. We appreciate your patience during this transition. For technical assistance with the application process or questions about the transition, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 816.627.3452.
If this is your first time accessing the application software, please click the Register button in the upper right hand corner. If you are a first time user, but your organization has an application account, please contact email@example.com or 816.627.3452 to be added to your organization.
Liberty Giving Circle Membership:
If you are interested in becoming a member of the Liberty Giving Circle, please click here.