Mr. and Mrs. Loose had a simple and direct charge to successor board members of the Foundation: To help the poor and needy children and families of Jackson County and/or Kansas City, Missouri.
In keeping with the intent of Mr. and Mrs. Loose, the Loose Foundation’s focus will be funding programs that support the direct delivery of human or social service to poor and needy children and families. Programs that provide services other than human or social services are not eligible for funding and will not be considered.
Mandatory Loose Grant Information Sessions:
Information sessions were held in April and May. The PowerPoint presentation may be found here.
The application will be available online Tuesday, April 30, 2019.
The application deadline is Friday, June 28, 2019.
Grant Restrictions and Requirements:
The following restrictions apply to the Loose Foundation:
- Grant applicants must be 501(c)(3) organizations.
- Applicants must attend a Loose Foundation grant information session to be eligible to apply. The sessions will be announced in 2019. Please see above for time and registration information.
- Applicants must demonstrate that the majority of the program clients/beneficiaries are residents of Jackson County and/or Kansas City, Missouri.
The Loose Foundation does not fund the following:
- Any component of a capital campaign, endowment campaign or annual fund drive
- Grants for debt reduction
- Grants to individuals, including scholarships
The geographical focus of the Loose Foundation is limited to Jackson County and/or Kansas City, Missouri. Organizations must clearly demonstrate that the majority of the program clients/beneficiaries are residents of Jackson County and/or Kansas City, Missouri.
One year grants ranging from $5,000 to $50,000.
Other Important Information:
Applications are reviewed on an annual basis by the grants committee, who make recommendations to the full board of the Loose Foundation for final approval. The Greater Kansas City Community Foundation is available to assist organizations by providing feedback on grant applications prior to their submission. The Loose Foundation strongly encourages applicants to request feedback on grant applications prior to their submission. Applicants who are interested should contact 816.627.3444 or email@example.com to schedule a feedback call with Community Foundation staff. Feedback calls should be requested at least two weeks prior to the application deadline.
Procedures for Grant Seekers:
All applications must be submitted online by 5:00 p.m. CST on the due date through the internet grant application module.