Mr. and Mrs. Loose had a simple and direct charge to successor board members of the Foundation: To help the poor and needy children and families of Jackson County and/or Kansas City, Missouri.
In keeping with the intent of Mr. and Mrs. Loose, the Loose Foundation’s focus will be funding programs that support the direct delivery of human or social service to poor and needy children and families. Programs that provide services other than human or social services are not eligible for funding and will not be considered.
Mandatory Loose Grant Information Sessions:
In 2017 Grant Information Sessions are scheduled on Thursday, April 27, 2017 at 9:30 a.m. and Friday, April 28, 2017 at 1:00 p.m. Both sessions will be held at the Greater Kansas City Community Foundation in the Community Room. To register for the information session, use the links below:
Deadline: Friday, June 30, 2017, 5 p.m.
Grant Restrictions and Requirements:
The following restrictions apply to the Loose Foundation:
- Grant applicants must be 501(c)(3) organizations.
- Applicants must attend a Loose Foundation grant information session to be eligible to apply. The sessions are April 27 and April 28. Please see above for time and registration information.
- Applicants must demonstrate that the majority of the program clients/beneficiaries are residents of Jackson County and/or Kansas City, Missouri.
- Applicants must have a REVIEWED nonprofit profile.
The Loose Foundation does not fund the following:
- Any component of a capital campaign, endowment campaign or annual fund drive
- Grants for debt reduction
- Grants to individuals, including scholarships
The geographical focus of the Loose Foundation is limited to Jackson County and/or Kansas City, Missouri. Organizations must clearly demonstrate that the majority of the program clients/beneficiaries are residents of Jackson County and/or Kansas City, Missouri.
One year grants ranging from $5,000 to $50,000.
Other Important Information:
Applications are reviewed on an annual basis by the grants committee, who make recommendations to the full board of the Loose Foundation for final approval. The Greater Kansas City Community Foundation is available to assist organizations by providing feedback on grant applications prior to their submission. The Loose Foundation strongly encourages applicants to request feedback on grant applications prior to their submission. Applicants who are interested should contact 816.627.3444 or email@example.com to schedule a feedback call with Community Foundation staff. Feedback calls should be requested at least two weeks prior to the application deadline.
- Mandatory Information Session
- Thursday, April 27, 2017 at 9:30 a.m. at the Greater Kansas City Community Foundation
- Friday, April 28, 2017 at 1:00 p.m. at the Greater Kansas City Community Foundation
- May 1, 2017: Application available online
- May and June: Scheduled application feedback calls are strongly recommended
- June 30, 2017: Application deadline
- October: Notification by mail of Loose Foundation decisions
Procedures for Grant Seekers:
Applicants must have a REVIEWED nonprofit profile. Review your organization's Nonprofit Profile to ensure that all information is current. For questions about updating your profile or having REVIEWED status, please contact the Donor Relations and Education Team at 816.842.0388 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications must be submitted online by 5:00 p.m. CST on the due date through the internet grant application module (iGAM).
Please read the grant guidelines and application instructions in their entirety before you begin an application. If you have technical questions relating to iGAM, please contact email@example.com or call 816.627.3452.
- First-time iGAM users will need to create a user name and password via the “New Applicant?” link on the iGAM homepage. Previous iGAM users may log in using their existing iGAM account credentials.
- Users are encouraged to create a single username and password for their organization to be shared among staff.
- If you have forgotten your password, use the “Forgot Password?” field to recover your password.
- Save the iGAM homepage to your web browser in order to access and resume draft applications as well as to review previously submitted applications.
The grant application for the Loose Foundation can be found here: Loose Foundation Grant Application