Mr. and Mrs. Linscomb were dedicated to helping those who, through no fault of their own, could not help themselves.
Monday, June 3, 2019, 5:00 p.m. CST
Notifications will be mailed approximately three months following the deadline.
Areas of Interest:
In keeping with the intent of Mr. and Mrs. Linscomb, programs impacting the lives of underserved, low income children (defined as ages birth to 18) will receive preference in consideration. The Foundation primarily supports programs that offer:
- Direct delivery of human or social services to poor, needy, and/or disabled children
- Education for low income or disadvantaged children
The Linscomb Foundation prefers to support the following with one year grants:
- General operating
- Program support
- One-time expenditures for equipment to benefit programs assisting children
Grants are made to agencies serving Clay and/or Platte Counties.
The grants generally range in size from $5,000 to $50,000.
Areas of Exclusion:
- Debt reduction
- Capital expenditures
- Endowment campaigns
- Grants to individuals
- Special events
- Annual campaigns
- Membership drives
- Conference expenses
- Political activities, including educational initiatives meant to directly influence political activity
- The Linscomb Foundation will not be the sole funder of any program or project
Other Important Information:
Applications are reviewed by the Board of Directors who make all funding decisions. The Greater Kansas City Community Foundation is available to assist organizations by providing feedback on grant applications prior to their submission. Contact Gwen Wurst at 816.627.3446 to discuss applications. Feedback calls should be made at least two weeks prior to the application deadline.
Application Launch: Monday, March 18, 2019
Application Deadline: Monday, June 3, 2019, 5:00 p.m. CST
All applicants will be notified of a decision via standard mail in October 2019.
Procedures for Grant Seekers:
Review your organization's Nonprofit Profile to ensure that all information is current. If you have questions about updating your profile or obtaining “Reviewed” status, please contact the Nonprofit Search helpdesk at 816.842.0388 or email@example.com.
All applications must be submitted online by 5:00 p.m. CST on the due date through the internet grant application module (iGAM).
Please read the grant guidelines and application instructions in their entirety before you begin an application. If you have technical questions relating to iGAM, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 816.627.3452.
- First-time iGAM users will need to create a user name and password via the “New Applicant?” link on the iGAM homepage. Previous iGAM users may log in using their existing iGAM account credentials.
- Users are encouraged to create a single username and password for their organization to be shared among staff.
- If you have forgotten your password, use the “Forgot Password?” field to recover your password.
- Save the iGAM homepage to your web browser in order to access and resume draft applications as well as to review previously submitted applications.
The grant application for the Linscomb Foundation can be found here: Linscomb Foundation Grant Application
After the Harvest - Healthy Food for Hungry People
Assistance League of Kansas City
Autism Works Inc.
Children's Center for the Visually Impaired
Children's Mercy Hospital
Clay County Clothes Closet
Curators of The University of Missouri
The Family Conservancy
The Farmer's House Inc
Feed Northland Kids
Giving The Basics Inc.
Good Samaritan Center of Excelsior Springs
Harvesters - The Community Food Network
Metropolitan Lutheran Ministry
Northland Assistance Center
Northland Early Education Center
Phoenix Family Housing Corp.
The Salvation Army
Samuel U. Rodgers Health Center, Inc.
Synergy Services, Inc.
Tri-County Community Mental Health Services Inc
YMCA of Greater Kansas City