Impact KC is a group of philanthropic and civic-minded individuals dedicated to making a substantive impact to the well-being of the Kansas City metropolitan area through volunteerism, fund raising and education. Impact KC receives funding from our general membership, and the fund is administered by the Greater Kansas City Community Foundation. Click here to view the Impact KC website. We will award one-time grants to one to four organizations through an annual application process. Generally, the range of our grants will be $5,000 to $15,000.
Areas of Interest:
Impact KC makes grants across a wide range of areas, with an emphasis on providing funds that will have a substantive impact on a tangible project or defined purpose. Some of the areas are:
- Arts and Culture
- Community Development
- Education/Youth Services
- Health and Life Sciences
- Social Services/Families
Grant Restrictions and Requirements:
Grants are made only to organizations that are exempt from Federal income tax under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code and organizations that serve the metropolitan Kansas City area. If Impact KC has any questions regarding your proposal, a member of the Steering Committee may contact you via phone or letter requesting further information or an appointment for a site visit. The recipient of any grant from Impact KC must use the funds awarded for the specific purpose(s) as outlined in the original grant proposal. Impact KC requires a semi-annual report detailing expenditures to date, planned expenditures and interim results of the program. Additionally, Impact KC may ask for one to two site visits during the year.
Grant Will Not Support:
Impact KC does not support the following activities:
- Individuals, political parties, candidates or political activities;
- Post-secondary educational institutions or any organization benefiting such institutions;
- Religious organizations for denominational programs/purposes.
The 2018 Application deadline is Thursday, August 23, 2018, 5:00 p.m. CST
The application will be available beginning July 19, 2018.
Procedures for Grant Seekers:
Review your organization's Nonprofit Profile to ensure that all information is current. For questions about updating your profile or having REVIEWED status, please contact the Donor Relations and Education Team at 816.842.0388 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications must be submitted online by 5:00 p.m. CST on the due date through the internet grant application module (iGAM).
Please read the grant guidelines and application instructions in their entirety before you begin an application. If you have technical questions relating to iGAM, please contact email@example.com or call 816.627.3452.
- First-time iGAM users will need to create a user name and password via the “New Applicant?” link on the iGAM homepage. Previous iGAM users may log in using their existing iGAM account credentials.
- Users are encouraged to create a single username and password for their organization to be shared among staff.
- If you have forgotten your password, use the “Forgot Password?” field to recover your password.
- Save the iGAM homepage to your web browser in order to access and resume draft applications as well as to review previously submitted applications.
The grant application for Impact KC can be found here: Impact KC Application Form