Founded in 1987, the Harvest Ball Society (HBS) has become the largest, not-for-profit organization devoted exclusively to raising funds for charities in the Northland. Since its inception 30 years ago, the Harvest Ball Society has distributed over 7 million dollars to many different deserving agencies.
The Harvest Ball Society is focused on the most prevalent needs of the Northland. The 2015 Northland Community Needs & Health Assessment and Vision North 2010-2015 needs assessment serve as the foundation for establishing the above categories of priority needs in the Northland.
In 2019, Harvest Ball Society is offering two grant opportunities:
- Impact Grants are meant to serve any of the following: innovative new projects; catastrophic needs; capital projects; or start-up requests to address basic needs, healthcare access, access to mental/behavior healthcare, or senior services. Impact grants are intended to change the scope or services available as part of your organization. Ideally, an impact grant from HBS will be catalyst to draw attention to a particular need and encourage other funders to assist as well. Impact grants are funded at $25,000 or higher. Click here to begin the Impact Grant Application.
2019 Grants will address family homelessness by supporting organizations providing at least one of the following: shelter, eviction prevention, other assistance or support services for families experiencing homelessness. Click here to begin the 2019 Grant Application.
Who May Apply: Tax exempt 501(c)(3) or 509(a)(1) organizations serving Clay or Platte Counties.
Grant Application Timeline:
- September 20, 2019: Both application opportunities launch
- November 15, 2019: Application deadline. All applications must be submitted online by 5:00 p.m. CST.
2018 Grant Recipients
- Assistance League of Kansas City
- Children’s Mercy Hospital
- Clay County Clothes Closet
- The Family Conservancy
- The Farmer’s House
- Feed Northland Kids
- Hillcrest Hope Ministries
- Life Unlimited
- Love INC of Clay County
- Metropolitan Organization to Counter Sexual Assault (MOCSA)
- Miles of Smiles, Inc.
- Northland Assistance Center
- Northland Health Care Access
- Northland Neighborhoods, Inc.
- Northland Shepherd’s Center
- Platte County Senior Services
- The Salvation Army
- Southern Platte Emergency Assistance Center
- St. Charles Food Pantry
- Synergy Services
- Tri-County Mental Health Services