Founded in 1987, the Harvest Ball Society (HBS) has become the largest, not-for-profit organization devoted exclusively to raising funds for charities in the Northland. Since its inception 30 years ago, the Harvest Ball Society has distributed over 7 million dollars to many different deserving agencies. The Harvest Ball Society is focused on the most prevalent needs of the Northland. Grant applicants should address at least one of the following criteria with their program or project: hunger; basic needs such as shelter or clothing; access to healthcare including mental health and senior citizen needs. The 2015 Northland Community Needs & Health Assessment and Vision North 2010-2015 needs assessment serve as the foundation for establishing the above categories of priority needs in the Northland.
Proceeds from the 2018 fundraising activities will be distributed to charitable agencies providing programs and services that fall into one of the above categories. In 2017, HBS awarded grants to 27 organizations.
The 2019 deadline and application timeline have not been published. Please check back for updates.
Who May Apply: Tax exempt 501(c)(3) or 509(a)(1) organizations serving Clay or Platte Counties.
Restrictions - Harvest Ball Society will NOT fund:
- Individual needs
- Capital campaign requests
- Any multi-year funding commitment
- Private foundations
- Organizations that restrict choices or limit options
- Political parties, candidates, issues or political activities
- Bricks and mortar
- Programs primarily established for evangelical purposes
Programs of religion or ethnicity that provide services to anyone regardless of race, religion or ethnicity will be considered for funding.
Grant Application Timeline:
- The 2019 deadline and application timeline have not been published. Please check back for updates.
2018 Grant Recipients
- Assistance League of Kansas City
- Children’s Mercy Hospital
- Clay County Clothes Closet
- The Family Conservancy
- The Farmer’s House
- Feed Northland Kids
- Hillcrest Hope Ministries
- Life Unlimited
- Love INC of Clay County
- Metropolitan Organization to Counter Sexual Assault (MOCSA)
- Miles of Smiles, Inc.
- Northland Assistance Center
- Northland Health Care Access
- Northland Neighborhoods, Inc.
- Northland Shepherd’s Center
- Platte County Senior Services
- The Salvation Army
- Southern Platte Emergency Assistance Center
- St. Charles Food Pantry
- Synergy Services
- Tri-County Mental Health Services