The Eastland Giving Circle (EGC) is a group of philanthropic and civic-minded individuals dedicated to making a substantive impact to the well being of the eastern Jackson County, Missouri area through a yearly donation.
The Eastland Giving Circle (EGC) will award a grant to one organization through this annual application process. An organization may receive this grant once in a three year period. This year's grant recipient will be announced in early November. Grants are made only to non-profit organizations that are exempt from Federal income tax under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code and have an eastern Jackson County, Missouri presence and mailing address.
The 2014 primary focus will be programs/projects serving Families in Need. Applicants must have a REVIEWED nonprofit profile with the Greater Kansas City Community Foundation. Application must be completed online through the internet Grant Application Manager(IGAM).
For 2014, the grant range will be $20,000 - $25,000. (last year's grant award was $20,000) "The Eastland Giving Circle awards the entire amount to one organization for aspecial project. The grant applicant must apply for the full amount of the grant award."
September 10, 2014, 5 p.m.
For technical assistance with the online grant application contact the Greater Kansas City Community Foundation, 816.627.3429, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following will be excluded from consideration:
- Individuals, political parties, candidates, or political activities
- Primary and secondary educational institutions
- Religious organizations for denominational programs
- Requests for general operating funds
Eastland Giving Circle Founding Board Members:
Jane Stepp, Kelley Manning, Melanie Cline, Lauri Meyer, Nancy Bruns, Pam Stepp, Trisha Goodale, Lori Irwin, and Pam Aogson
Grant Application Procedure/Time Line:
- On or before July 31, 2014: Applications for 2013 are available
- September 10, 2014: Application must be completed online through the Internet Grant Application Manager (IGAM) and submitted by 5 p.m. on this date
- Early October: EGC Grant Committee will select finalists to submit to membership for selection
- Late October: All finalists may be expected to present a brief overview of their grant applications along with a possible site visit for the EGC general membership
- November: Funds presented to award recipient
- August 31, 2014: Outcomes report due to Eastland Giving Circle grant committee and general membership
If EGC has any questions regarding your proposal, a board member may contact you requesting further information or an appointment for a site visit.
Procedures for Grant Seekers:
Review your organization's Nonprofit Profile to ensure that all information is current. For questions about updating your profile or having REVIEWED status, please contact the Donor Relations and Education Team at 816.842.0388 or email@example.com.
All applications must be submitted online by 5:00 p.m. CST on the due date through the internet grant application module (iGAM).
Please read the grant guidelines and application instructions in their entirety before you begin an application. If you have technical questions relating to iGAM, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 816.627.3429.
To access the Giving Circle Registration form use the following link: 2014 Giving Circle Registration Form.
Once the Registration Form is completed you will be provided with a link to the internet grant application manager (iGAM) which will allow you to access the 2014 Giving Circle Application.
- First-time iGAM users will need to create a user name and password via the “New Applicant?” link on the iGAM homepage. Previous iGAM users may log in using their existing iGAM account credentials.
- Users are encouraged to create a single username and password for their organization to be shared among staff.
- If you have forgotten your password, use the “Forgot Password?” field to recover your password.
- Save the iGAM homepage to your web browser in order to access and resume draft applications as well as to review previously submitted applications.