The Eastland Giving Circle (EGC) is a group of philanthropic and civic-minded individuals dedicated to making a substantive impact to the wellbeing of the eastern Jackson County, Missouri area through a yearly donation.
EGC will award a grant to one organization through this annual application process. An organization may receive this grant once in a three-year period. Grant recipients will be announced in early November. Grants are made only to non-profit organizations that are exempt from Federal income tax under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code and have an eastern Jackson County, Missouri presence or mailing address.
Applicants must have a REVIEWED nonprofit profile with the Greater Kansas City Community Foundation. Application must be completed online through IGAM.
For 2019, a grant will be made in the amount of $30,000. EGC awards the entire amount to one organization for a special project. The grant applicant must apply for the full amount of the grant award.
The primary grant focus in 2019 is teen suicide prevention in Eastern Jackson County, Missouri.
Monday, September 9th, 2019 at 5:00 p.m. CST
For technical assistance with the online grant application contact the Greater Kansas City Community Foundation at 816.627.3452 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following will be excluded from consideration:
- Individuals, political parties, candidates or political activities
- Primary and secondary educational institutions
- Religious organizations for denominational programs
- Requests for general operating funds
Eastland Giving Circle Board Members:
Megan Culbertson, J.J. Coates, Shawnna Fleenor, Chris Foresee, Becky Hughs, Lori Irwin, Rochelle McBride and Karen Meisenheimer.
Grant Application Procedure/Timeline:
- July 11, 2019: Application available online. Click HERE to access the online application
- September 9, 2019: Applications must be completed online through IGAM and submitted by 5 p.m. on this date
- October 2019: EGC Grant Committee will select finalists and members will vote online
- November 2019: Funds presented to award recipient
- September 1, 2020: Outcomes report due to Eastland Giving Circle Grant Committee and general membership
If EGC has any questions regarding your proposal, a board member may contact you requesting further information or an appointment for a site visit.
Procedures for Grant Seekers:
Review your organization's Nonprofit Profile to ensure that all information is current. For questions about updating your profile or having REVIEWED status, please contact the Donor Relations and Education Team at email@example.com or 816.842.0388.
All applications must be submitted online by 5:00 p.m. CST on the due date through IGAM.
Please read the grant guidelines and application instructions in their entirety before you begin an application. If you have technical questions relating to IGAM, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 816.627.3452.
- First-time IGAM users will need to create a username and password via the “New Applicant?” link on the IGAM homepage. Previous IGAM users may log in using their existing IGAM account credentials.
- Users are encouraged to create a single username and password for their organization to be shared among staff.
- If you have forgotten your password, use the “Forgot Password?” field to recover your password.
- Save the IGAM homepage to your web browser in order to access and resume draft applications as well as to review previously submitted applications.