The Eastland Giving Circle (EGC) is a group of philanthropic and civic-minded individuals dedicated to making a substantive impact to the wellbeing of the eastern Jackson County, Missouri area through a yearly donation.
EGC will award a grant to one organization through this annual application process. An organization may receive this grant once in a three-year period. Grant recipients will be announced in early November. Grants are made only to non-profit organizations that are exempt from Federal income tax under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code and have an eastern Jackson County, Missouri presence or mailing address.
For 2019, a grant will be made in the amount of $30,000. EGC awards the entire amount to one organization for a special project. The grant applicant must apply for the full amount of the grant award.
The primary grant focus in 2019 is teen suicide prevention in Eastern Jackson County, Missouri.
Monday, September 9th, 2019 at 5:00 p.m. CST
For technical assistance with the online grant application contact the Greater Kansas City Community Foundation at 816.627.3452 or email@example.com.
The following will be excluded from consideration:
- Individuals, political parties, candidates or political activities
- Primary and secondary educational institutions
- Religious organizations for denominational programs
- Requests for general operating funds
Eastland Giving Circle Board Members:
Megan Culbertson, J.J. Coates, Shawnna Fleenor, Chris Foresee, Becky Hughs, Lori Irwin, Rochelle McBride and Karen Meisenheimer.
Grant Application Procedure/Timeline:
- July 11, 2019: Application available online.
- September 9, 2019: Applications must be completed online and submitted by 5 p.m. on this date
- October 2019: EGC Grant Committee will select finalists and members will vote online
- November 2019: Funds presented to award recipient
- September 1, 2020: Outcomes report due to Eastland Giving Circle Grant Committee and general membership
If EGC has any questions regarding your proposal, a board member may contact you requesting further information or an appointment for a site visit.
Procedures for Grant Seekers:
All applications must be submitted online by 5:00 p.m. CST on the due date.
In order to better serve funders and grantees, we are transitioning to new application software. We appreciate your patience during this transition. For technical assistance with the application process or questions about the transition, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 816.627.3452.
Click here to access the online application.
If this is your first time accessing the application software, please click the Register button in the upper right hand corner. If you are a first time user, but your organization has an application account, please contact email@example.com or 816.627.3452 to be added to your organization.