The Clay County Children’s Services Fund will make funds available in 2019 to grant to organizations offering services that protect the well-being and safety of children and youth nineteen years of age or younger and residing in Clay County, Missouri, and to strengthen their families. Such services may include counseling, family support, temporary residential services, and other such services set out in RSMo 210.861.
The Clay County Children’s Services Fund was created in 2017 following voter approval of a designated one-quarter of a cent sales tax pursuant to RSMo 67.1775 and RSMo 210.861. A 9-member board of directors appointed by the Clay County Commission administers the Fund and its operations.
In keeping with the services cited in enabling legislation, the Clay County Children’s Services Fund board invites organizations serving children living in Clay County, ages birth to nineteen, to apply for one-time grants to begin or expand services including:
- Up to thirty days of temporary shelter for abused, neglected, runaway, homeless or emotionally disturbed youth;
- Respite care services; and
- Services to unwed mothers;
- Outpatient chemical dependency and psychiatric treatment programs;
- Counseling and related services as a part of transitional living programs;
- Home-based and community-based family intervention programs;
- Unmarried parent services;
- Crisis intervention services, inclusive of telephone hotlines; and
- Prevention programs which promote healthy lifestyles among children and youth and strengthen families;
- Individual, group, or family professional counseling and therapy services;
- Psychological evaluations; and
- Mental health screenings.
The Fund may not be used to support the following activities:
- Inpatient medical, psychiatric and chemical dependency services
- Transportation services
- Grants to individuals
- Capital expenditures
- Annual appeals
- Letter of Interest available online Monday, April 22, 2019.
- Information Session:
Tuesday, May 7th at 4:00 p.m.
iWerx, 7001 North Locust, Suite A-100 (lower level), Gladstone, Missouri 64118
Attendance is optional
- Technical assistance is available through the deadline. Please contact email@example.com or call 816.627.3452.
- Letters of Interest are due by 5:00 p.m. CST on Monday, May 13, 2019.
- Invitations to submit a full application will be sent via email by Friday, June 7, 2019.
- Full Applications will be due by 5:00 p.m. CST on Monday, July 8, 2019.
- Award decisions will be announced in August 2019. Services under approved grant contracts may begin September 1, 2019.
- Please submit one letter of interest per proposed project. An organization may submit a maximum of two letters of interest.
- Organizations selected to complete a Full Application will also be invited to meet the Fund board of directors in August 2019. Details will be provided at time of application.
- Awarded funds will be disbursed to organizations following the submission of invoices for services provided. An invoice and payment schedule will be developed with each awarded organization.
Please read the grant guidelines and letter of interest instructions in their entirety before you begin the form. If you have technical questions relating to iGAM, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 816.627.3452.
All letters of interest must be submitted through the Internet Grant Application Module (iGAM) by 5:00 p.m. on the due date.
First-time users will need to create a user name and password via the “New Applicant?” link on the iGAM homepage. Previous users may log in using their existing iGAM account.
Users are strongly encouraged to create a single username and password for the organization to be shared among staff.
If you have forgotten your password, use the “Forgot Password?” field to recover your password.
Save the iGAM homepage to your web browser in order to access and resume draft forms as well as to review previously submitted forms.
Letter of Interest Form:
The Letter of Interest form for Clay County Children’s Services Fund can be found here.