The American Century Investments Foundation, established in 2000, is overseen by a board of directors that establishes guidelines and priorities for the Foundation and makes all grant decisions on behalf of the Foundation. Assistance in grants administration is provided to the Foundation by the Greater Kansas City Community Foundation. Click here to read about American Century Investments® and its other areas of community investments.
Applications will be reviewed by the American Century Investments Foundation twice a year. Application deadlines will be 5:00 p.m. CST on:
- Wednesday, April 6, 2016
- Wednesday, October 5, 2016
Applicants will be notified of the board’s decisions in writing approximately eight (8) weeks after the application deadline.
Areas of Interest:
The Foundation prefers to grant money to organizations providing innovative opportunities that are sustainable and inspire growth in the communities where American Century Investments® employees live and work including Kansas City, MO; Mountain View, CA and New York, NY Although a portion of the Foundation's grants are awarded through the Dollars for Donors program, the Foundation will also accept applications twice per year from organizations serving the communities described above.
Preference will be given to organizations demonstrating strong leadership and successful programming where American Century Investments employees have significant and recurring involvement. Examples of employee involvement include:
- Serving on a board and/or committee
- Ongoing volunteer time
- Regular monetary donations
- Involvement by more than one employee
Grant Restrictions and Requirements:
The Foundation will consider making grants to support the general operations of 501(c)(3) public charities within the areas of interest listed above. The Foundation will not provide funding for:
- Special Events
- Capital Campaigns
- Religious organizations, unless they are engaged in a significant project that is nonsectarian and benefits a broad base in the community
- Social, labor, veterans, alumni or fraternal organizations
- Recreational sporting events or athletic teams
- Political causes, candidates or legislative lobbying efforts
- Past operating deficits, travel or conferences
Due to the nature of our business, American Century Investments® is unable to provide financial products or in-kind services directly to individual organizations.
In general, grants will range from $5,000 – $25,000.
Procedures for Grant Seekers:
Review your organization's Nonprofit Profile to ensure that all information is current. For questions about updating your profile or having REVIEWED status, please contact the Donor Relations and Education Team at 816.842.0388 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications must be submitted online by 5:00 p.m. CST on the due date through the internet grant application module (iGAM).
Please read the grant guidelines and application instructions in their entirety before you begin an application. If you have technical questions relating to iGAM, please contact email@example.com or call 816.627.3452.
All applications must be submitted through the Internet Grant Application Module (iGAM) by 5:00 p.m. on the due date.
- First-time iGAM users will need to create a user name and password via the “New Applicant?” link on the iGAM homepage. Previous iGAM users may log in using their existing iGAM account credentials.
- Users are encouraged to create a single username and password for their organization to be shared among staff.
- If you have forgotten your password, use the “Forgot Password?” field to recover your password.
- Save the iGAM homepage to your web browser in order to access and resume draft applications as well as to review previously submitted applications.
The grant application for the American Century Investments Fund can be found here: American Century Investments Fund Application