The Greater Kansas City Community Foundation earned a "Best Places to Work" honor in 2015. Our robust benefits package includes paid volunteer time off, volunteer opportunities and a complimentary personal charitable giving account for each employee.
Systems Web Developer
The Web Applications Developer will identify and implement solutions that improve the donor experience. This position will develop and maintain code and update our internal web-based programs and assist in developing future web-based application projects that may arise.
This person must be able to set priorities, handle multiple tasks, meet deadlines with a high degree of urgency, and operate independently and collaboratively in a manner consistent with the mission and philosophy of the Greater Kansas City Community Foundation.
- Work with System Administrator to develop, implement and update any new or existing software and web-related initiatives.
- Identify and build web applications and programs that enhance the donor experience.
- Maintain documented procedures for installing a new client database.
- Act as a backup to the Database Administrator for onboarding client databases.
- Other duties as assigned and/or deemed necessary.
- Experience configuring and managing Linux (Ubuntu) servers using Apache, Nginx, MySQL and PostgreSQL.
- Experience building APIs that facilitate communications among diversified systems.
- Proficiency with version control using GIT.
- PHP and .NET/C# and Microsoft SQL Server skills are also helpful.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret business periodicals, journals, technical procedures and governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, employees, clients, customers and the general public.
- Ability to apply basic mathematical concepts.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree or six years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Must be able to regularly complete tasks at a computer terminal while sitting for long periods of time. Required to communicate and interpret detailed information orally. May exert up to 10 pounds of force occasionally to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Employee is required to have visual acuity to properly prepare and analyze assigned work. Typical indoor office environment with moderate noise level, frequent interruptions and fast work pace.
Interested candidates should forward a resume with salary expectations to email@example.com for immediate consideration.