The Greater Kansas City Community Foundation earned a "Best Places to Work" honor in 2015. Our robust benefits package includes paid volunteer time off, volunteer opportunities and a complimentary personal charitable giving account for each employee.
Manager of Business Development
This position is responsible for establishing new business leads while working with senior management to build relationships and sales strategy for the Community Foundation. This position will present new and existing contract relationships with comprehensive services that may assist with their giving philosophy and/or become part of their benefits package. This position will actively reach and cultivate prospective and current clients through events, social events, speaking engagements, task forces and referrals.
This person must be able to set priorities, handle multiple tasks, meet deadlines with a high degree of urgency, and operate independently and collaboratively in a manner consistent with the mission and philosophy of the Greater Kansas City Community Foundation.
- Serve as the project manager in creating and executing a business development/growth strategy with team of management and development staff.
- Create a channel for new business development to promote the Community Foundation’s products and services; continuously inform current clients of opportunities to expand contracted services.
- Drive results and raise awareness of the Community Foundation’s corporate giving services by delivering key messages through prospecting activities (i.e. networking, cold calls, virtual communications).
- Secure face to face meetings with existing and prospective clients. Partner with internal subject matter experts to achieve new contracts and accounts for corporate giving services.
- Cultivate relationships with prospective clients to open new accounts and be a resource to them and their representatives.
- Assess the needs of each client by asking targeted, high impact questions and position the appropriate services that meet those needs.
- Manage book of assigned donors to assure outreach to them through welcome and annual meetings, serving as their point of connection to the Community Foundation.
- Other duties as assigned and/or deemed necessary.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations on complex topics to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
- Ability to open doors with prospective clients.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to respond quickly and effectively to complaints.
- Ability to interpret abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret complex documents.
- Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
- Ability to drive, navigate maps/GPS instructions, and possess reliable transportation with a clean driving record and valid driver’s license.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent; five to 10 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience in corporate business development and/or financial background preferred.
Must be able to regularly complete tasks at a computer terminal while sitting for long periods of time. Required to communicate and interpret detailed information orally. May exert up to 10 pounds of force occasionally to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Employee is required to have visual acuity to properly prepare and analyze assigned work. Typical indoor office environment with moderate noise level, frequent interruptions and fast work pace.
Interested candidates should forward a resume with salary expectations to email@example.com for immediate consideration.