C3 // Creative Consumer Concepts (C3) believes an education is an important investment in the lives of young people. The purpose of the Fund shall be to provide scholarships to C3 employees and to children, nieces, nephews and grandchildren of C3 employees who intend to further their education at an accredited private education institution (K-12 or post-secondary), two-year or four-year college or university or technical school.
In order to be eligible for the scholarship, students shall:
- Be a current regular C3 employee who has been employed by C3 for at least one year at the time of the employee’s original application; or
- Be a natural, adopted or step-child, niece, nephew or grandchild of a current regular C3 employee who has been employed by C3 for at least one year at the time of the student’s original application; and
- Be enrolled or planning to enroll as a full-time student at an accredited private education institution (K-12 or post-secondary), two-year or four-year college or university or technical school;
- Have at least a 2.5 cumulative GPA on a four-point system (or its equivalent); and
- Submit two letters of recommendation from individuals not related to the student.
Consideration may also be given to the applicant’s financial need and involvement in extracurricular activities in school or in the community (e.g., school activities, sports, performing arts, community volunteering, employment or other time-consuming activities while in school).
Students must submit a scholarship application on an online form provided by the Greater Kansas City Community Foundation. Scholarships will be awarded on an annual basis for one year and will be disbursed in two payments. The first payment will be awarded prior to the start of a recipient’s fall semester. The second payment will be awarded at the start of the spring semester so long as the recipient proves he/she maintained at least a 2.5 GPA in the previous semester. Transcripts will be required as proof. Students may re-apply for additional years of scholarship awards.
Applicant’s information will be held confidential for use by scholarship review committee only, with the exception of applicant name and employee name to verify employment status.