Northland Giving Circle (NGC) is a group of philanthropic and civic-minded individuals dedicated to making a significant impact to the well-being of Platte and Clay counties through a yearly donation. One $30,000 grant is awarded yearly for a program/project that provides basic needs of food, clothing and/or shelter to residents of Platte and/or Clay counties.
October 15, 2014, 5 p.m.
For technical assistance with the online grant application contact the Community Foundation at 816.627.3429 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Grant Restrictions and Requirements:
The following will be excluded from consideration:
- Individuals, political parties, candidates or political activities.
- Primary and secondary educational institutions.
- Religious organizations or denominational programs.
- Capital campaigns.
Northland Giving Circle Founding Members:
Gaye Ballinger, Judy Spinner, Sally Bailey, Donna Sumpter, Linda Mitchell, Linda Ward, and Cindy Rhodes the Grant Application Committee Chairman
2014 Grant Application Procedure/Time Line:
- August 22, 2014 – Applications for 2014 available online through the Greater Kansas City Community Foundation internet grant application module (IGAM).
- October 15, 2014 – Deadline for applications to be submitted (5 p.m. CDT). If you cannot meet the deadline you are invited to apply next year.
- November 3 - 7, 2014 Northland Giving Circle Grant Application Committee will select three finalists to submit to membership for final vote.
- January 2015 – Northland Giving Circle members will vote; the organization receiving highest number of votes will be awarded grant.
- February 2015 – Formal presentation of $30,000 award will take place with awardee.
- March 2015 - Annual Celebration for recognition of grant recipient and member of Northland Giving Circle.
If Northland Giving Circle has any questions regarding your proposal, a member of the Grant Application Committee may contact you via phone or email requesting further information or an appointment for a site visit. If you have questions, please call or email Cindy Rhodes (816.746.4602, email@example.com). For technical assistance with the online grant application contact the Community Foundation (816.627.3420 firstname.lastname@example.org).
The recipient of any grant from Northland Giving Circle must use the funds awarded for the specific purpose(s) as outlined in the original grant proposal. Northland Giving Circle requires a report detailing expenditures to date, planned expenditures and interim results of the program by July 30, 2015. In addition, a final report is required detailing full expenditures and final results of the program by January 30, 2016.
Click here to register to access the 2014 Northland Giving Circle Grant Application.
You will be prompted to create a username and password, unless previously done so.
Users are encouraged to create a single username and password for your organization to be shared among staff.
Save the iGAM homepage to your web browser favorites to access draft and submitted applications: www.grantrequest.com/SID_1164?SA=AM.
A compatible web browser must be used, either Internet Explorer version 6 or higher or Fire Fox version 1.5 or higher and have cookies enabled.